By providing your personal details you agree for your data to be shared between Courtney Brands Pty Ltd and all of its related brands.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- images / photos provided by you;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- information you provide to us through product personalisation;
- your credit card details;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to fulfill your order;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about our brands or third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
Your personal information stored in your "cookie" helps us understand your ordering requirements and will be used to make online ordering faster, more user friendly and convenient. Cookies are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer that help ensure account security and keep track of your general activity on our Site. When you make subsequent visits to our Site, your cookie gives us a summary of your preferences and past orders on our Site. Cookies may also be used for analytic purposes about visits on our Site so we will automatically collect information about; your internet browser; IP Address, time zone and country location. This allows us to tailor certain aspects of our Site services to your needs, hence improving the overall service provided. You can always decline our cookies if your browser allows you to do this, please note that you may not be able to use certain features on our Site and you may be required to enable cookies.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties: We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, payment processing, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, mailing, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, mail processing or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
To enable us to complete your order requests we may need to arrange third party services to complete the transaction. In this case we will only disclose the part of your information that is needed to complete your transaction. Third parties are not authorised to use your personal information for any other purpose than completing their contractual requirements to us. Third Parties authorised by us will also collect information about your visit and interaction with our site using cookies. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store -you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information HERE. The information they collect is completely anonymous and will be in reference to website traffic and usage it may also be used for advertising purposes. The Third Parties will not be privy to any personal information about you including your name, contact details including phone number and email address. We may also share information to approved Third Parties only as described as above. One of our major third parties we also use is Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site, you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information HERE
We may provide your personal information to a third party payment processor, depending on your chosen payment method. We take all reasonable measures to ensure we only use reputable third party payment processors who comply with Australian laws, however we do not take responsibility for the actions of these third party payment providers. We may be required to process your order manually in some instances, in which case by providing your payment information over the phone or via email you are authorising the use of this information for the purpose of processing your order payment. Your credit card or financial institution statement may show the name of the third party payment processor or Courtney Brands Pty Ltd instead of the name of one of our brands depending on the system used by the financial institution. Your payment information may be collected by these third party payment processors and accordingly you should read their Privacy Policies and terms before providing your personal information to them.
We do not sell, rent or trade user information to other companies. There may be occasions that we collaborate with other companies for promotional offers and your personal information may be shared with the collaborating company. Accordingly, you should always read the Promotional trading terms before disclosing your personal information.
Do Not Track: Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Access to and correction of personal information: You may access and update your personal information via your Customer Account (where applicable) on our Site.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
If you believe that any information, we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please Contact Us. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints about breach: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us. We will investigate and respond to your complaint in a timely manner.
Security: We understand the importance of security and place this as a high priority. We have carefully selected a security system that stores and protects information using "firewalls". Firewalls are a security system consisting of a combination of hardware and software that limits the exposure of a computer or computer network to attack from hackers; commonly used on local area networks that are connected to the internet. Our servers are protected in secure facilities. All internal communication with the system such as account details are transmitted using appropriate encrypted protocols. All data is held in the strictest confidence, protected by the strictest security standards.
Our Site also requires the use of “pop ups”. A “pop up” is a display area that will appear in the foreground of your internet browser window and requires a user action to be removed. To ensure full functionality of our Site please ensure that your internet browsers’ pop up blocker is turned off when using our Site.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database or opt out of marketing emails, please select the unsubscribe option available on every marketing email or Contact Us. We will endeavour to attend to your unsubscribe request in a timely manner.
Variations: We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary these Terms by publishing the varied Terms on our Site. We recommend you check our Site regularly to ensure you are aware of our current Terms. The published online version of the Terms will supersede all previous versions. Materials and information (Content) on this Site are subject to change without notice. We do not undertake to keep our Site up-to-date and we are not liable if any Content is inaccurate or out-of-date.
For any questions and notices, please contact us HERE or at:
Courtney Brands Pty Ltd
1-3 Edison Rd, Dandenong South Vic 3175, Australia